Tuesday, May 15, 2012

PET TRICK CHALLENGE WEEK 1


For the four week pet trick challenge I am going to be training my dog Sir Kodiak Bear (Kodi). He is a four year old Australian shepherd who is so intelligent that oftentimes he trains himself (or me!). He loves to train so much so that he usually would rather train than play a game of tug or fetch. My mom and sister both say they’ve never seen a dog with such an eagerness to learn and train before. He is something special that’s for sure! The two tricks I have chosen to train him are on the more difficult side, night night and fetch me a drink from the fridge. The first one we are going to be working on is night night. I’m not sure what the proper name for this trick is called, but it’s where the dog lies on a blanket and rolls himself up in it. I’ve chosen to call it night night and have chosen to use that as my cue word. (If someone knows what the proper name for this trick is then please let me know. Thank you! J)
A few weeks ago I lost my clicker and have not for the life of me been able to find it anywhere! And I haven’t been able to find a new one at the store either. So for right now, though hopefully not for the whole trick challenge, we are going to be training without one. It bums me out a little bit because it does help Kodi learn so much faster but he’s a happy student and I know he’ll train just fine without it. It’s just going to take him a teensy bit longer! J

No comments:

Post a Comment